Provided that the candidate who have passed 3 years diploma (Optometry) after Matric or two year diploma after 10+2 shall be eligible for admission to the B.Sc. (Optometry) in 2nd year through lateral entry.
B.Sc in Optometry is an Undergraduate Program in vision care science offered by M.M. University. Optometry is a paramedical health care profession which deals with the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system. The three year training will enable a student to become a competent person in providing service as an Optician, Optometrist, Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant to the community in urban, semi-urban and rural settings in private, semi-Governmental and Governmental sectors. This is a dynamic and challenging career, which allows one to help people achieve personal growth, community respect, job flexibility and financial success and offers virtually unlimited opportunities. One can also define it as the science of eye equipment (including lenses and spectacles) which is imbued with the idea of improving the vision of the human eye and removing all kinds of obstacles of sight which an individual may experience. The program is envisaged to develop a multipurpose ophthalmic manpower at paramedical level.
Scope and Career Options
- Assist ophthalmologists in hospital clinic
- Practice in optical establishments
- Run optical shop
- Have excellent job opportunities overseas.
- Offer clinical services to national and multinationals dealing with the manufacturing and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, contact lenses and ophthalmic instruments.
- Start manufacturing unit for optical lenses.
- For those interested in research and higher studies, they can join M.Sc and PhD programs and take up faculty jobs in teaching Optometry for a career.
The scope of Optometry Course in Haryana includes the detection of common eye diseases, the management of binocular vision problems such as squints and lazy eyes and the prescription of spectacles and contact lenses. The Bachelor degree in Optometry is a programme that aims to produce professionally competent optometrists serving as primary eye care health practitioners. MM University is one for the few premium institutions in India that offers a Bachelor degree in Optometry and Ophthalmic science. After the completion of BOptom, you will find challenging career opportunities in Optician shops, with eye doctors and Contact Lens companies, Ophthalmic lens industry and hospital eye departments. A technician can work for eye testing, Contact lenses, squint exercises, etc. You can start your own vision clinic, Optical shop, lens manufacturing unit. You can also get job opportunities with Optician shops and hospitals in India and abroad.Common job profiles of students after completing BOptom. include:
- Optometry Technicians, Ophthalmic Assistants and Ophthalmic Nurses.
- MSC optometry
- Faculty in Optometry colleges
- Vision therapy specialists
- Contact lens care givers
- Vision rehabilitation experts