Toll Free : 1800 2740 240
acres of Wi-Fi
The Department came into existence in 1995 to provide quality education & training in the field of Computer Science & Engineering. Since its inception, the CSE Department has contributed in various research works and has been consistent in imparting Quality Technical Education.
The Program Educational Objectives of B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering program is:
Name of Lab
Mobile Apps Development Lab
This laboratory helps students to get familiarize with creation of Mobile apps, how to use them & how to update them.
Cloud Computing Lab
This laboratory will help students to develop and deploy cloud applications using popular cloud platforms by creating and configuring virtual machines on the cloud and building private cloud.
Chrome Operating System Lab
Big Data & Analytics Lab
It helps students to understand Big Data and Hadoop ecosystem, work with Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) & write MapReduce programs and implementing HBase.
Object Oriented Programming Lab
This laboratory familiarizes students with concepts of Class, Objects, Inheritance, and polymorphism & teaches students about Virtual classes, Abstract classes.
This laboratory aimed at developing innovative software that meets the requirements for the iOS app market.
Data Structure Lab
The aim of this laboratory is to familiarize students to create Stack, Queue & implement Linked List. It is also used to implement Tree, Graphs for real time problems.
Computer Programming Lab
Introductory experimental laboratory explores the design, construction, and debugging of C programming. Develop students understanding about the core building blocks of a development framework.
Computer Algorithm Lab
This laboratory visualizes the nature of different types of searching, sorting and techniques & applies different asymptotic notations to get better results.
Java Programing Lab
This laboratory helps to demonstrate how to write programs including classes, objects and inheritance & to develop applets & to create java server pages. This laboratory helps students to get familiarize with creation of Mobile apps, how to use them & how to update them.
Microprocessor Interfacing Lab
This laboratory helps to students to gain knowledge about programming proficiency using the various addressing modes and data transfer instructions of the 8085, 8051 and 8086 assembly language.
Web Technology Lab
UNIX & LINUX Shell programming Lab
This laboratory teaches students about different operating types along with resource allocation, memory utilization, deadlock, Fragmentation with the inclusion of different UNIX operating system commands.
Computer Network Lab
This laboratory helps students to get a detailed knowledge about Computer Networks Lab Including Simulators like Boson & Cisco Packet Tracer. Students will be able to learn concepts of switches, bridge, Routers, VLAN, Inter-VLAN, and firewall.
Software Engineering Lab
Students will be able to develop DFD, ERP Systems and able to test software using various software testing techniques.
Operating System Lab
Students will be able to understand and gain practical experience with designing and implementing concepts of operating systems such as system calls, CPU scheduling, process management, memory management, file systems and deadlock handling using C language in Linux environment.
To enhance students knowledge to use modern tools necessary to develop computer projects. Students will be able to make comprehensive use of the technical knowledge gained from previous courses.
This laboratory help students to use SQL Queries, Connect Databases to implement normalization, concurrency control and recovery based algorithm to support data on the back end.
Analog & Digital Electronics Lab
This laboratory helps to impart the concept of digital logic circuit, sequential circuit, combinational logic circuit and synchronous state machines using flip-flops to students.
Neural Network Lab
The aim of this laboratory is to familiarize students with the use of learning strategies to enhance visual performance.
Computer Graphics Lab
The aim of this laboratory is to familiarize students with the concepts underlying modern Computer Graphics and Machine Vision.
Name of the Teacher
Title of Patent and Copyright
Details of Patents / Copy Right filed
Details of Publication of Patents/ Registration of Copyright in official Journal of the Patent office/ Copyright Office Govt. of India New
Patent/Copy Right Granted
Sonali Goyal, Dr. Neera Batra
A System for individual care in pervasive Environment
Published on 17/8/18
Sonali Goyal, Dr. Neera Batra
Fingertip based sensor system for health check-up
Published on 10/8/18
Dr. Rajneesh Kumar
A System for Optimized Energy Consumption in Multicast Communication And Methods Thereof Over MANET
Published on 06/07/2018
Dr. Suneet Kumar
Smart Garbage Monitoring System Using IOT Using Raspberry PI with PI Camera
Published on 14/02/2020
Major Degree Courses offered by Computer Science & Engineering Department are:
UG Degree Course: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in
PG Degree Course: Master of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
PhD Degree Course: Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, MMDUimparts strong technical and professional skills to produce industry-ready manpower that opens numerous opportunities around the world to start their career. Students have a bright career in India after completing B.Tech. (CSE) andM.Tech. (CSE) course:
Career prospects in India after completing PhD (CSE) course are:
1. India today is fast becoming a center for global R & D. The most preferred jobs for PhDs have been industrial R&D Labs with an aim to engage in research, design new products, and also take part in long term strategy decisions.
2. Many PhD holders pursue academic job in reputed institutions like IIT/NIT/Central & other University as well as institution setup by overseas universities within India or abroad.
3. Start-ups have also become formidable engines of innovation. Consequently, a lot of PhDs join start-ups directly, or join them after some years in academia.
Career prospects of going abroad after completing B.Tech. (CSE) and M.Tech. (CSE) course are as follows:
1. In the global economy, IT companies offer assignments in far off places around the world that vary from short-term client service projects to longer-term strategic roles. Students can be recruited and worked as a Software Developer, Data Analyst, Database Administrator, SAP Consultant, Android App developer, SEO Specialist, Testing Engineer and many more.
2.Strong technical and professional skills of students enable them to go for higher studies (MS/MBA/PhD) from the renowned universities/institute of abroad.
Career prospects of going abroad after completing PhD (CSE) course are:
1. The most preferred jobs for PhDs have been industrial R & D Labs with an aim to engage in research, design new products, and also take part in long term strategy decisions.
2. Many PhD holders pursue academic job in reputed institution of abroad.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, MMDU pays special attention to holistic approach to education and focuses on working on communication skills and overall personality of the students. Three special clubs are running for overall development of students:
1. CODEx Society
2. Google Developer Student Club
3. Codechef Campus Chapter
18 LPA in MU Sigma
Yes, the department arranges the training and internship of its students.Technical and soft skills could unlock a magic formula for winning over employers. In order to synchronize the student’s skills for better understanding of domains knowledge to meet organizational goals, Department implements training through mentoring from corporate professionals. It acts as a catalyst for learning to improve students’ work productivity.
The department of Computer Science and Engineering runs special mentoring programs which are under the flag ship of AICTE and Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC), MHRD. Under special mentoring programs, various IIC activities / Leadership talk and self driven activities including proof of concept / idea submissions (with Design – Thinking – Innovate) are carried out by
students under mentorship of faculty. Harnessing Innovation and Entrepreneurial Potential of Students Innovation and startups initiatives are the key agenda of such mentoring programs.
Government-sponsored employability programme for students is organized round the year in association with MSME. In addition to this, students participate in various Smart India Hackathons (solving the real problems statements) shared by various state/central government organizations and also get exposure to national competitions by securing very high positions by developing
smart applications and solutions in coding competitions.
1. Recommendation is given for issuing of more Library books for complete semester.
2. Special mentors have been allocated which continuously motivate them to participate in state and national level competitions.
3. Appreciation certificates / Financial assistance / scholarshipshave been provided to boost the moral of aspirants.
Yes, regular workshops and training sessions are conducted for students on latest technologies such as Machine and Deep Learning, Data science and analytics, Blockchain Technology, IoT and Smart computing.
Extracurricular activities in CSE Department:
1. The members of CODEx and Codechef Campus Chapter organize technical events (quiz/coding test/hackathon) for the students of MMEC.
2. Google Developer Student Club motivates students towork together on Projects (guided by Google) to provide solutions for real life problems faced by society.
Apart from all these, the students take part in cultural activities organized by MMDU at university level and also take part in inter-college and inter-university fests to showcase their talent and potential.
Yes, students of CSE Department can take part in cultural activities (such as theatre, singing, dancing etc.) organized by other departments. Our students have won laurels and awards in different levels of competitions organized by other departments of MMDU and other universities as well.
Valid Identification card with appropriate verification is must to get access to the MMDU’s main library. This is issued by the Department administration.
Department of CSE is committed to provide an outstanding environment for excellence in Research and Development. The scope of research activities mentioned below make it a unique academic environment that stimulate creativity and critical thinking, and providing momentum to recruit, support, and develop highly-skilled motivated researchers.
1. Opportunity to Work: The department is offering Ph.D. in Regular as well as Part time mode.
2. Research Fellowship: MM(DU) provides research fellowship to the research scholarsdoing PGprogram andPhD program (regular mode).
3. Experienced Faculty: The department is having best research supervisors from different areas such as machine learning, cloud computing, Soft Computing, Ad Hoc Networks, Network Security, WSN, IoT, Big data analytics etc.
4. State of Art Lab Facility: The department provides well equipped lab facility to pursue the research work.
5. Research Promotion Policy: Research scholars are encouraged to publish quality research papers by providing incentives under RPP of MM(DU).
6. Residential Facility: Residential facility is also available as per their requirements.
Welcome Party is organized for the new students joining the Department at college level.