Important Information for Foreign Students
- Please carry sufficient funds (for two-three months) for your initial living expenses. You should ensure that the airline ticket is correct and the travel itinerary is accurate.
- Keep your passport (with valid Student/Research Visa) with you all the time while travelling.
- If you have any medical problem/allergies or ailments, ensure that you have an updated case file to be carried with you while you travel. In case of a medical emergency, the treating doctor can provide better medical advice by having access to your case file.
- Make sure to carry your medicines in sufficient quantity along with the doctor’s prescription if you are on medication.
- You are advised to carry all academic & other certificates and also English translations of your academic certificates.
- Take a set of xerox copies of your all documents including your Student/Research Visa and a copy of offer letter for reference and keep these in safe place.
- Keep at least a dozen copies of your passport size photograph ready as you might need them. Keeping a scanned copy of your passport size photograph on your e mail or in storage device would be handy.
- Ensure that you and your belongings are covered with proper insurance.
- Try to learn and know as much as you can about India, its customs, culture and about your institution. You may visit www.tourism.gov.in &www.incredibleindia.org for more details.
- On disembarkation, go to immigration checkpoint and complete the formalities.
Essential Items to Carry
- Apart from regular summer wears suitable for tropical climatic conditions, students are advised to carry warm clothing (Woollen pullovers and jackets for winters).
- A few formal wears, you would be wearing on the special occasions (like presentation, Seminars etc).
- Quilts, two bed sheets, pillow with covers (or can be purchased in India as well).
- Pair of formal shoes, sport shoes and slippers.
- A dozen of your recent passport size photographs.
- Mobile phone (GSM) unlocked- SIM card type (only if required). SIM card can be purchased from designated sources.
Kindly Ensure that you carry the Below Mentioned Documents in your Hand Luggage
- Valid air ticket
- Passport with valid Student/Research Visa
- Copy of offer letter
- Cash, Travels cheques & demand draft
- Address details of the University
- Contact details of family and friends in your country and in India (if any)
To help you adapt to the new surrounding away from your home easily, the University has appointed a study advisor or mentor for students coming from abroad. In case you require assistance at the campus during your period of acclimatization at the University Campus, you should immediately contact your study advisor or mentor.
Try to reach on time for your orientation and enrolment week so that you familiarize yourself with the city, the transport system, your institute and open your bank accounts etc. Observe all security measures as you would do in your own country.