Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) aims to knowledge for all. Library of the campus is the central hub of the university education and research. Librariesare rich in document collection and providing real time experience of education to its users. This time ten institutional libraries are the glorious factor of the university education and research. In the digital era, libraries of campus are central point of attraction for its students from the point of its e-resources collection and print holdings. Central library of the university annually arranged books exhibitions of different publishers for the faculty and students. In the virtual era library expand itself, library setup its own digital repository in DSpace and constantly working on it to provide better services to its members. Library also takes initiatives to provide e-resources through membership of national networks NPTEL, INFLIBNET etc. We valued power of youth in the development of the country, so library periodically organised various activities such as seminar/workshop not only related to library but social issues too because of youth can grow for the upcoming future with their cultural roots.
With the membership of NPTEL, Ovid Collection,Wolters Kluwer’s UpToDate, ASME, ASCE, IEEE, SCC Online, Lippincott William and Wilkins, EBSCO (Management, Hospitality and Tourism Complete and Dentistry) Bentham Science, Criminal Law Database, URKUND Plagiarism software, K-hub, Animal Simulator, AIR Supreme Court Database etc., library keeps the step in the digital era of research and education.
Professional and Academic Achievements of the Library
- Visionary, experienced and responsible administration of the library.
- Well experienced, Qualified, Co-operative staff and work as a supportive system for the users’ of the library.
- Collection more than 175,000Books, CDs, Videos, Thesis, Standards and Back Volumes.
- Member of INFLIBNET, DELNET, NPTEL etc.
- More than 12,000+ print and e-Journals available in libraries.
- Plagiarism software, URKUND Library Management software etc.
- 24X7 well-equippedreading facilities available in libraries.
- Membership of NPTEL,Ovid Collection, Wolters Kluwer’s UpToDate, ASME, ASCE, IEEE, SCC Online, Lippincott William and Wilkins, EBSCO (Management, Hospitality and Tourism Complete and Dentistry) Bentham Science, Criminal Law Database,URKUND, K-hub, Animal Simulator and AIR Supreme Court Database library keeps the step in the digital era of research and education.
- 25 professionals providing their services in the various libraries in MMDU. Experienced and well qualified staff constantly trying to provide best services to their library users. Team spirit and discipline of the library staff makes the services easy for users.
- A Peer-Reviewed quarterlyJournal “International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology” has been publishing by Central Library since 2011and havemore than onemillion hits. It is also indexed with all major agencies worldwide.Including all feathers QR Code, Podcast audio summery, DOI, etc. www.ijidt.com
- 100 + International and National Publications onthe name of staff working in the library.
- In 2014 Central Library organized 1stInternational Virtual Conference in the fields of LIS in India on the topic of “International Research on Scientific Literature: Emerging frontier and Challenges”
- Central library also organize a national workshop on Mendeley research software.
- Administration of the Central Library of the University socially involved in raise up social topics so also organizes national symposiums of social issues.
- Organized a National Symposium on Current Social Issues: TheRole of YouthNSCSITRY-2017 on December, 1st 2017. Special attraction of this symposium was a Record Pledge Form (1539) submitted to NOTTO by the Central Library. Its record in the history of NOOTO as they mentioned in the letter issued to us.
- Organized a National Symposium on “Why India? Why NotBharat?” on November, 15, 2018, in the capacity of Convener held at M.M. Deemed University, Mullana – Ambala, Bharat. His excellency Prof.GaneshiLalJi governor odisha was the chief guest.
- Active involvement in the Blood Donation Camps and other social activities.
- Biography of the Dr. Ashok Kumar (Chief Librarian at M. M. Deemed to be University) has been published in the Who’s Who in the World-2015, Founded by A.N. Marquis in 1899, USA (Publishers of the Original Who’s Who in America).
- World Record: Biggest Pyramid of Books for the LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS-2013 on the name of Dr. Ashok Kumar (Chief Librarian), Mr. Om Parkash and Mr. Kamal inspire the young achievers for working hard and prepare them to think unique.
- Copyright Awarded for Designing a Unique “Periodical Record Register”, Copyright under re-scrutiny for “Bound Periodical Register” and other 5 applied copyrights shows the visionary and unique thinking of the Library Administration and Staff.
- Fully equipped with AC premises with lift facility.
- Central Library, Institution Libraries and Departmental Libraries
- Fully furnished light arrangement and other facilities
- Excellent equipped e- Lab for accessing e-resources.
- Libraries have more than 1500 users’ seating capacity.
- Photocopy facility, printing and scanning facility also available in the Library premises.
- Libraries registered more than 2000 users’ with National Digital Library of India an initiative of MHRD.
- Institutional Digital Repository of Question Papers & IJIDT accessible on web.
- NPTEL Swayam LOCAL Chapter
- RFID establishment with latest technology is in process to make Library Smart and user friendly.
- Designed a year wise scanned Question Paper Bank (Database), which isprovided to the student through mail or Intranet.
- Working on MOOC and other projects to simplify the library services for the users.
- National Anthem
- Google Schoor citation 2000