Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
As per the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a mandatory requirement for all NAAC-accredited institutions. MM (Deemed to be University) was accredited by NAAC in the year 2015 with ‘A’ grade and NAAC ‘A++’ grade in the year 2021.. The IQAC since its inception, has been consistently and actively involved in quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities. It is a participative cell of the University that works on evolving strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality, thus channelizing the efforts of the University towards achieving holistic academic excellence.
The objectives of the IQAC are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the overall performance of the University.
- To promote measures for the institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through quality culture and institutions best practices.
Functions of IQAC:
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are as follows:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC