(INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC: ISSUES & CHALLANGES)
27th December, 2021
Human rights are the fundamental rights of law by which every person is considered as rational being and deserves to be treated with dignity. This topic always allure the views of people in all the time. Covid 19 Pandemic not only troubled the whole world but some are destitute of even the basic human rights. Therefore, this conference has the objective to delve, deliberate and to generate awareness amongst the students of varied disciplines about the law relating to human rights and to discuss its impact and implications on the marginalized community. It further aims to offer researchers an opportunity to present their work and to enhance their knowledge by sharing their view with the other members of legal fraternity.
Venue: MM(DU) Auditorium
Timings: 8 AM- 4:30 PM
Invites: Under Graduate Students, Post Graduate Students, Research Scholars, Legal Professionals, Academicians.
- Divorce, Breakup and Financial Separation: Contemporary Laws, Challenges and the Need for a Uniform Civil Code
- Domestic Abuse, Marital Rape, Live- in Relationship In India: Statutory Status, Judicial Opinion and Need of the Hour
- Custody of Children and Development of ADR in Family Dispute Resolution: National as well as International Perspective Relating to Adoptions and Role of Mediation in Resolution of Family Disputes
- Health and Human Rights: The Treatment and Rehabilitation of People Who’ve Endured Human Rights Abuses, Rights of Doctors and Patients.
- Economic Impact on Human Rights: Indian and World Economy, Unemployment, Employability and COVID- 19
- Vulnerability, Legal Protection and Human Rights of Domestic Workers: Their Rights, Wages and Laws
- Role of Technology in Human Rights Protection: Information Technology- A Boon or a Bane, Impact on Justice and Accountability, Protection of Privacy and IT Laws
- Food Adulteration, Hoarding and Human Rights: Malnutrition, Unethical Farming and Manufacturing Practices, Hoarding of Essential Commodities, Responsibility of the Government in Curbing Such Practices.
- Drug Abuse and Violation of Human Rights: Privacy, Vulnerability, Disability and Infringement of Rights
- Role of International Organizations in Protection of Human Rights: By UN Agencies like OHCHR, UNDP, UNESCO, ILO; Their Constitution, Administration, Assistance and Monitoring System
- Human Rights of Refugees, Climate Refugees, The LGBT Community and Indigenous Communities
- Any Other Related Subject/Topic/Inter-Discipline/Multi-Discipline
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Academicians, lawyers, scholars and members of civil society are hereby invited to contribute papers for the International Conference. The contributions may be forwarded in soft copy according to the schedule provided hereunder. However, the prior registration would be necessary so as to ensure proper arrangement of the seminar as a whole. The prospective participants are also expected to forward their itinerary well in advance. No TA/DA shall be provided by the University. Soft copy of papers and abstract may kindly be forwarded to the following
- mail: [email protected]
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 14th December, 2021
- Last date for submission of papers: 24th December, 2021
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Only the registered participants shall be allowed to present their paper in the seminar subject to submission of complete papers in due course of time. Papers received after stipulated deadline shall not be entertained for participation in seminar.
- The papers should be developed and written in a symmetrical way responding to a theme of seminar. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The paper should not be more than 5000 words. The abstract should not be more than 250 words. The paper must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper on MS word. The personal details of author must be given in paper. Harvard Blue Book must be referred for proper citation and acknowledgement.
- On the spot registration shall be done on the day of seminar.
- Selected and submitted abstracts shall be published in the souvenir of the seminar.
- The submissions should be original and unpublished.
- Co-authorship is allowed but it is mandatory that at least one author shall be present for paper presentation. However, each co-author has to mandatorily register themselves separately on payment of mentioned registration fee.
- Language no bar.
- Presenters will be allowed to present their papers through Online mode in case they are unable to present physically.
- 9. In the aftermath of the conference, the selected full papers after scrutiny by the Editorial Board would be considered for publication in the UGC Approved Journal or Edited Book containing ISBN number.
- The abstract should not exceed 200-250 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the Sub-Theme, Title of the Paper, Keywords (5-8 words), Name of the Author(s), Name of the Institute, E-mail Address, Postal Address, Contact number etc.
- Hon’ble Justice Rajan Gupta– (Chief Guest) J-I, First Puisne Judge of Patna High Court. He has remained as a Standing Counsel and Special Public Prosecutor for Central Bureau of Investigation till his elevation. He has decided landmark cases and he has also remained as Deputy Advocate General for State of Haryana. Represented Punjabi University Patiala as its Standing Counsel before this Court.
- Deepak Gupta- He is presently woking as District and Session Judge, Panchkula. He owned a vast knowledge in the field of law.
- Sh. Amit Sharma- He is Presently woking as Additional District and Sessions Judge, Haryana and Officer on Special Duty to Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh. Other than this he is the Secretary, High Court Legal Service Committee and Director, Mediation & Conciliation Center, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh. The list is not only confined to this he is also working as Secretary, State Court Management Committee, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh, Secretary, Indian Law Institute, Chandigarh Branch, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh and Secretary, Indian Law Report, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
- Sukhda Pritam – CJM-cum-Secretary, District Legal Services Authority (Ambala). She is a person of dyamic personality she had worked as Deputy Registrar (Judicial) for two years at National Green Tribunal, Delhi. Other than this she is the great scholar and awarded twice with the Gold Medal during her Law Course. She possesed with the extensive knowledge in the field of Human Rights and authored books on Law relating to Juveniles in India.
- (Mrs.) Vinay Kapoor Mehra – She is presently working on the post of Vice- Chancellor, Dr. B. R Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat. Othe than this she has served on the prestegious post of Commissioner, State Information Commission, Punjab and also served as the Professor & Head, Department of Law, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar She has worked extensivly on the issues relating to Women and in the field of Human Rights.
- Hamid Reza Dehghani – Iranian Foreign Ambassador to Doha, Qatar. He is a renouned Iranian diplomat who has served in various positions including as the director of the Foreign Ministry’s West Asia and North Africa Directorate, Iran’s permanent representative to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the deputy head of Iran’s mission in Beirut, and the head of the Foreign Ministry’s training office.
- Yaser Hamidi– He is presently working in the Ministry of Foreign affairs, Government of Iran and hold the Post of Business Attach of Iran Embassy to Qatar. He is a Scholar and writter possessing extensive research in the field of Human Rights.
- Anmol Ratan Siddhu:- He is the practicing Senior Advocate of Supreme court of India. He had served as Assistant Solicitor General of India and Additional Advocate General of Haryana. He was a social reformist too for which the Government of Punjab awarded him with highest civilian award PARMAN PATRA in the year 2004 for the contribution to society.
- Harish Kumar – Former Inspector General Prison, Haryana. He has been felicitated with Dr. Ambedkar Vishisht Seva Samman Haryana by Bhartiya Dalit Sahitya Academy in 2017 and Hindi Seva Samman in International Conference in DS College Karnal in the year 2017 and presently he is working hard to reform Haryana Jail Manual and on Criminal Reform in Prison Department. He is the great scholar and author various books and published articles in National and International Journals.
- Sh. Suvir Siddhu– He is the youngest Member of Bar Council of India (2019) other than this he holds the prestigious like Former Deputy Advocate General in the year 2014, Youngest Former Secretary of Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana in 2019. Presently he is the Vice-President of International Private Client and Family Law Commission (AIAJ, 2021)
The interested participants may register themselves by filling up the prescribed registration form either online or at the spot on the day of seminar. The registration form (hard copy) will be available on the registration desk at conference hall. In the case of latter, payments shall be acceptable only in Cash and the participants are required to bring their institutional ID cards.
- The registration fee will include the seminar kit along with the tea at forenoon, lunch, evening tea and snacks on the day of the seminar. The registration fee will not cover any type of accommodation and transportation facility.
- Certificates will be given to the paper presenters.
|Under Graduate Students|
Rs. 250 (For All Students)
|Post Graduate Students / Research Scholars||Rs. 500|
|Academicians / Legal Professionals||Rs. 1000|
* Registration fee in any case is non-refundable. However, co-authors shall be separately charged.
Mode of Payment
Bank: Punjab National Bank
Beneficiary Name: MMDU Mullana
A/C No.: 51821131000790
IFSC Code: PUNB0518210
Registration Form: https://forms.gle/rwrjsWWW1qKrc46d6
The participants are expected to arrange their own transportation to the conference venue at their own cost. The registration fee will not cover transportation expenses or reimbursement.
For any clarification, kindly contact any of the following:
DEPARTMENT OF LAW
MAHARISHI MARKANDESHWAR DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY
Prof. (Dr.) Reetika Bansal
Prof. (Dr.) Bindu Jindal
Head & Dean
Ms. Deepali Garg
Mr. Manish Yadav
Ms. Poonam Lamba
Ms. Shilpa Garg
|3.||Mr. Paras Bhalla||9518415942|